24 Hours to ATO
Moving systems and programs to the cloud means that you can implement changes quickly, but oftentimes, waiting to get the Authorization to Operate (ATO) can slow things down. Smart agencies will modify their assessment and authorization process and use existing technology to speed ATO. Here are a few key steps we suggest.
- Automate data collection. Software platforms like AssetPath make mapping agency data simple and easy to maintain across departments, since everything is kept in the same place.
- Think about portability. Systems that can be used across federal agencies and meet your needs for security compliance will get top billing.
- Interoperability. Too many tools in the security ecosystem lack robust, publicly available APIs that can communicate with other security tools.
- Automate compliance. Easy to use, easy to understand — what’s not to like?
- Transparency is key. All parties (developers, operations, security, and senior officials) should be able to see the information they need, when they need it. Required steps to take should also be laid out in clear, concise language so there is no confusion on what each person’s role is.
- Actionability. All parties would be able to take necessary action based on the information available. Senior officials would be able to make an informed risk decision.
Innovative firms working in the federal market — like CASK — can work with your agency to make processes more secure, more effective at delivering services, and more efficient. Contact one of our service representatives today to discuss how you can get to ATO in a day!