The Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) is here. Both the regulation and OMB’s guidance require changes in the way CIO’s run their organizations, manage their portfolio of IT investments, and lead their people.
Now, as never before, each Federal Agency CIO has exclusive responsibility and accountability for all IT resources within their organization. They are expected to immerse themselves in managing the IT acquisition and procurement process, the IT workforce development, and IT management – including transparency, planning, and budget activities.
In addition, CIO’s must be able to show the alignment, return, and ultimately value of their investments in IT and technology – even for programs with limited IT components.
- Create value for the direct consumers of your services
- Fulfill your primary mission, and
- Show your constituents that they are getting value-for-money spent
Easy, right? No…
At Cask, we help our Federal clients meet the requirements of FITARA regulations by assisting them in the development of capabilities that ensure compliance with this new law. Our Technology Business Management (TBM) practice provides the knowledge and experience to help organizations both start their FITARA journey and mature their IT business management processes and activities.
Our services include a highly effective and agile approach to FITARA using TBM that includes:
- IT and Technology Business Management Process Assessments
- Technology Business Management (TBM) Process Development and Operationalization
- IT Financial Management, including IT Budgeting and Forecasting and Cost Transparency
- Strategic Workforce Planning, including assessments, organizational design, and
- Portfolio Management, including TechStat and PortfolioStat Session support
- Organizational Change Management to effectively implement business transformation in your organization
Implementing new business management capabilities, including Technology Business Management and Cost Transparency, require the right frameworks, methodologies, experience, and dedicated support.
Cask understands that implementing and operationalizing FITARA is not just a technical or process change, but a complex cultural shift that can be very challenging. Our practitioners have significant hands-on experience improving IT and technology business management for customers of all sizes. Cask’s agile project methodologies and advanced knowledge and experience with Technology Business Management is an innovative and advanced way to benchmark your improve your IT management processes against best practices and discover the highest return opportunities for savings and service improvements.