In today’s tech-competitive world, the customer experience is the new differentiator for business success. Organizations can enhance this journey through customer-centric platforms like ServiceNow Customer Service Management (CSM).
Many organizations already use this solution as part of their IT ecosystems. However, they often do not fully leverage its ability to coexist with other applications. Organizations may need to dig deeper into the ServiceNow CSM integration capability to realize the ecosystem’s full potential.
What is ServiceNow CSM?
Customer Service Management (CSM) is a set of activities and technologies that manage and monitor all customer interactions. It addresses all aspects of the customer experience independent of the communication channel, type of interaction, or transaction.
CSM primarily focuses on the following three topics:
- Identifying and fixing problems before customer contact
- Using automation to make regular tasks feel smooth and seamless for customers
- Connecting departments, workflows, and systems to fix client issues before they become a problem
ServiceNow CSM Supporting Capabilities
Before diving into CSM integration capabilities, let’s first touch on its supporting capabilities that enhance other applications within the organization’s IT ecosystem.
ServiceNow CSM helps businesses to solve customer demands by providing seamless front-to-back interaction with the organization. The platform derives much of its value from a proactive approach to customer concerns, improving the customer experience and decreasing the number of customer tickets.
ServiceNow CSM also modernizes customer service management by intelligently automating operations such as detecting and allocating issues to the correct department or representative. Furthermore, it tracks these problems from inception to resolution and reports results without user involvement.
Customer behavior is studied by AI-powered CSMs to discover and predict trends, resulting in actionable insights for improving existing procedures and automating responses for everyday concerns. In this approach, ServiceNow CSM automates the CSM process smartly.
Thanks to the CSM module, customers are empowered with rapid and tailored self-service choices, which provides a tailored service portal. These choices include:
- A Customer Data Management platform that disseminates all pertinent case information to the agent. This data might include consumer contact information, entitlements, and purchase history.
- An Omni-Channel that assists consumers via different channels (email, webpage, social media. chatbot, and live chat) and provides product and service monitoring.
- A Major Issue Management platform that detects product and service flaws identifies the affected consumer and aids them in resolving the resulting issues.
- An Agent Workspace that provides customer service reps with an intuitive work console to help them manage cases more quickly and efficiently.
- A Knowledge Management system that collects and shares customer service knowledge among support agents and customers.
- Performance and Analytics software that assists in gaining insights and predicting customer service performance patterns.
- Predictive Intelligence software that analyzes case descriptions, categorizes routes, prioritizes cases, and eliminates tedious manual tasks.
- Communities that create and maintain a consumer collaboration area.
- A Customer Project Management platform that oversees the project life cycle and enables customers and agents to assume activities.
- A Virtual Agent that creates chatbots for self-service customer sites, enabling customers to problem-solve without human assistance.
- A Case Management platform that assists customer service agents in solving problems faster by integrating issue resolution processes and offering answer templates and knowledge base articles.
ServiceNow CSM Integration Capability
Priorities shift as customer expectations change over time. Keeping pace with ever-changing demand often requires formulating new and more robust solutions via the integration of CSM with existing technologies.
IntegrationHub allows the ServiceNow CSM to integrate with IVRs, customer relationship Management (CRMs), and mainframes.
More specifically, the following are management tools that integrate with CSM to provide an enhanced customer experience:
- Field Service Management. The Customer Service with Field Service Management plug-in integrates CSM with Field Service Management applications.
- Service Management. CSM can combine with the Problem, Change, and Request Management programs. Users can generate requests records from a customer service case using this integration.
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). The user can extend Knowledge Management capabilities in AEM and enhance website experiences for customers by using ServiceNow features.
- Financial Management. CSM and Field Service Management add-ons provide dashboards and reports and connect with the Financial Management application.
- Project Portfolio Management with Financials. The Project Portfolio Suite with Financials application also integrates with CSM. Customer Project Management is an integration that allows customers to manage large projects with various activities while also providing end-user visibility.
- Microsoft Outlook. Organizations can manage processes such as generating and modifying contacts and cases using the ServiceNow add-in for Microsoft Outlook.
- IT Operations Management. The Proactive Customer Service Operations add-ons connect Customer Service Management with the IT Operations Management Event Management console.
- Continuous Improvement Management. Request improvement opportunities and execute phases and activities to fulfill performance targets, measure success, and track performance using the Continual Improvement Management (CIM) application with CSM.
Let Cask Help You Explore the Capabilities of CSM Integration
Managing a large number of customer service inquiries from various engagement channels is difficult. Inefficient handling of such requests can lead to higher operational costs and lower customer satisfaction. ServiceNow CSM improves the way businesses deliver customer service solutions. It enhances the capabilities of traditional services and can integrate into existing platforms to allow organizations to be proactive in their front-to-back customer service strategy.
Request a quote today and learn how Cask ServiceNow CSM integration capabilities can help you improve help desk services and boost customer satisfaction.