Field service management (FSM) is the process of managing an organization’s resources and work tasks. The basic idea is to match tasks with agents based on skills, geographic territory assignments, and available inventory.
Agents manage details on the life cycle of customer interaction and assigned tasks including:
- Agent communication, dynamic scheduling, and dispatching.
- Agent completion status, travel time to jobs, and time spent.
- Centralized collaborative agent task workflows.
- Just in time inventory management.
- Real time integration with accounting and other back-office systems.
- Leveraging AI to increase customer satisfaction.
Outdated Systems and Methodologies
Agents in the field struggle with solving complex customers problems accurately and fast.
The costs are often very high when attempting to resolve complex on-site issues using disparate, unconnected systems with little or no automation or visibility into the processes necessary to successfully complete tasks.With a modern full lifecycle Field Service Management approach, you can easily connect teams, processes, and systems to find the root cause of issues and resolve them in a timely manner. Click To Tweet
Typical results of a properly integrated Field Service Management System:
- Provide 360-degree view of real-time customer life cycle.
- Increase first-time-fix rate.
- Reduce overhead or administration costs of paper-based field service management and data entry.
- Preserve e-audit trail for full regulatory compliance.
- Increase productivity.
- Vehicle/technician location tracking.
- Improved customer journey.
- Shorter billing cycles.
- Time tracking and GPS based driver logs.
- Integrated Knowledge.
- Customer portals.
- SLA/OLA monitoring.
- Automated compliance.
A Properly Integrated Field Service Management System is Crucial
Customers ecosystems are growing more complex every day. Professional products and services are a critical factor to customers within the life cycle of a Field Service Management experience.
An organization’s ability to deliver a fast, positive, and cost-efficient solutions is the difference between leading or falling behind with your competitors.
With the help of Cask and ServiceNow, you’ll be able to achieve an effective full life cycle Field Service Management to help in the bottom line of overall customer satisfaction and lower overall costs.